Monday, June 1, 2009

Pitchers

I don't know why but I made a few pitchers during the last couple of days.  These squared ones are new to me.  I'm still trying to work out the details of the form but they follow a pretty straight line as they're thrown and then they're squared before forming the spout.  I'm still absorbing the form here and trying to decide what I think of them.  


Here are the first two that I made over the weekend with a couple of long handles.  I'm not sure if it's the best way to resolve the piece but we'll see tomorrow when I get some shorter handles on the new ones.

My studio is in desperate need of a cleanup and that will happen soon.  I'm going to decorate some of the other greenware and get it into the kiln for a bisque.  That will give me an opportunity to break-down my nicest steel ware-racks (2 of them) and get them ready for the journey to Texas.  I have some shoddily constructed 2x4 racks that I'll use from here on out.  It will also start clearing some space for me to clean up and continue to figure out what's coming with me.  

I have a few hundred pounds of b-mix and porcelain left and I'll finish throwing that throughout the next couple of weeks.  I'm planning on making new work until the end of June or I finish up my remaining clay...whichever comes first.  Then it's time to glaze, fire, clean and pack throughout July.  

July doesn't seem so far away anymore....neither does August....
How hot is it in Austin in August again?!?!

1 comment:

abigail said...

Austin in August=Hell with steel guitars.

nice pitchers!