Thursday, October 1, 2009

More CityScaping

I guess I'm excited about living in a city again. Here are my cups and saucers which were inspired by watching and tweeting about Mad Men....I know....pathetic.

To make this useful, I even put a little step by step of the handle process together. When working with stoneware I usually pull the handle directly off the piece but I'm worried about overworking the porcelain so I'm trying this technique out:

Below are the finished cups sitting on their saucers...it's been a long time since I've made cups and saucers.

And here they are after receiving the CityScape deco(tm?)
The only decision left is whether or not these will stay relatively simple or whether some stains will be involved with either the buildings or the background. Luckily, I can wait on that decision.

No comments: