Monday, September 28, 2009

Mad Monday

This past weekend was the first time that my folks made it out to visit Austin since we moved here. It was great having them in town and it was great to show them our new lives here. We were a little limited in what we could do since Ale had come done with a fever and my mom was recovering from a little knee surgery. That didn't stop us from having a good time though. We even made it out on Sunday to check out Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs in 3D. Better yet, we made it out for a nice dinner with everybody on Sunday evening and got to see the bats depart for their nightly feeding from the Congress Street Bridge. That was a first for everyone except Evangelina. I have to say, it was pretty cool and my father who isn't a big fan of bats handled it quite well, although the wine at dinner may have helped.

So, after a few days away from the studio I found everything intact and was able to carve into the bourbon bottles I had made before the weekend came.


I made a few more bottles/jugs this afternoon as well as some large mugs that should fit into car cupholders....something that has become important to me as I now have a morning commute.
My morning got off to a late start as I had to get my car serviced. I had an appointment for 9:40 but they didn't start on my car until an hour later....I complained, they got the car serviced quickly and didn't charge anything for the service. I guess they earned another chance for my business.

I also wasted a bit of time this morning on Twitter and Google hunting down the Drapers' dinnerware. Yes, I know they're only characters on a tv show but, last season I caught a quick glimpse of their cups and saucers and needed to know what it was. I had googled it all back then but there wasn't much about it. A tweet by Lois Aronow got me interested again and in no time the internets had saved the day, Raffia Pattern dinnerware from the Vernon Kilns. I found some plates for sale and a few other items but I'd love to get a couple of cups and saucers. I guess an ebay search is coming later today....Wait!

I found one! Perhaps it's time to make some cups and saucers? And, maybe it's not time wasted but rather corporate research/espionage?

Oh, and I haven't watched last night's episode yet so please no spoilers in comments.

No comments: