Thursday, July 3, 2008

Still Hot

I just peeked inside the electric kiln.  I've been having more post-firing anxiety than normal.  I mean, it is my first earthenware firing and all.  The kiln is still at about 600º but I couldn't resist taking a quick look.  I tried just looking through the little spy holes but I couldn't really see and what I could see looked pretty dry.  So, I had to crack the lid for a second.  And I'm relieved....things looked okay. 

I'll probably unload after lunch and get some quick pics up on the blog.

There's a lot of pressure around the blogosphere.  Michael's latest firing had some great pots come out and Emily  had a nice looking soda-firing out in Chicago.  They both have some nice before/after pictures of the kiln.  I keep meaning to take some before/after pics but never seem to get around to it.  

No comments: