Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Why even make a schedule at this point....

I thought today was going to be the day.  

Actually, I had planned to get some work done on Sunday.  Our out-of-town guests were still here but Evangelina had planned a kid-friendly adventure out to Fort Hill so I figured that I would get a little organizing and clay prep done in the studio so that I could work on Monday.  

Instead, my stomach and the rest of my body kept me in bed on Sunday....all of Sunday.  I think I got out of bed for about an hour around 7pm.  Then right back to bed.  Monday turned out to be better but still a very slow recovery day.  I'm not sure if it was food-poisoning or a stomach bug.  I'm going to go with a stomach bug since I had done the cooking during the weekend.  

Tuesday is the one day a week that the shop is closed and the kids are home from camp.  Since we're usually too busy to have a true weekend with them this is the one chance we have to have a family day.  We did and it was good....basically spent shuffling everyone around to tennis clinics and hanging out for a mellow day around the house.  

And now it's Wednesday.  Today was going to be my day in the studio.  But, my friend Brian called last night asking if he could photograph a scarf that Randy made that they needed for the Evanston show and since I still had the lights setup we shot some pictures this morning.  I was able to get the wheels cleaned up and made some space around the throwing areas so that I could get some work done this week.  Tonight I am really, truly, definitely, probably going to finally take down the photo setup so that I can make some pots tomorrow.  

I'll blame Brian for not being able to get anything done today.  I don't think he knows how to leave a comment so he can't let anyone know that he was only here for 45 minutes and we finished up photographing around 10:30.  And, if he does leave a comment....I can almost guarantee that it is not language typically used on this blog so I'll have to edit it out anyways. So, I guess I really don't have an excuse.  

I know it's been a while since I have written anything here.  It's been longer since I've been in the studio.  I'm eager to get back in there.  I think I'm going to start with some stoneware.....I think I said that about a week and a half ago.  I want to make some good size platters for the reduction kiln.  I've got a little more work to cycle through so I guess if I write it here it will happen, right?  I think I have had about 3 posts saying that I'll make some pots tomorrow. Maybe my theory isn't working.....

It's Music Night tonight again....if the weather holds.  If I think of it I'll take some pictures of the flurry of activity in town at night.  It's a long day but worth it to see everyone enjoying all of the music and strolling through a town that typically shuts down by 7pm.  

1 comment:

brandon phillips said...

i know the story, i have clay waiting and i just cant seem to get over that last hurdle and onto the wheel. its always something. i wonder if we had regular 9-5's and we used these excuses if we'd still have jobs? hehe.