Monday, September 15, 2008

Big Bowls

The rest of the firing came out well.  The larger platters and bowls turned out really nicely.  I'll try to get some pics posted soon.  

I just finished making 2 large bowls in the studio this morning.  I'm hoping to make a couple more later today.  I'm always reminded of this set of pictures from one of Susan Peterson's books when I'm making large bowls.  This is nothing like how I make them but I did use this technique of setting the rim very early on.  I think it worked pretty well.  I'll get some pics of my own posted soon but for now I'm going to wedge up some more clay for a few more pots before lunch....or so I'm ready to go right after lunch.

1 comment:

Ron said...

There is a similar set of pics in Peterson's book on Hamada. I have always loved looking at them and have used them to help me figure out how to make some bigger bowls.