Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pasta Night

Well, the end of summer and the first week of school have finally passed and I think I'm ready to restart my life as a potter.  I don't even really know what I've done the last couple of weeks.  The last couple of weeks of summer are always a blur.  Even though it's a short season up here on Cape it's definitely exhausting.

Now it's time to really get back to work.  My reduction kiln is still waiting for those pots I've been talking about all of August.  I organized the studio a bit this morning and tomorrow I'll get serious about getting back to work in the studio.  This kiln is full of a couple of orders and some bigger pots.  I really want to get this firing done because I want to get some new pots made.  More on those pots once I get this kiln loaded and fired.

But...it's not like I haven't done anything.  We had a really busy week of first days of school on three consecutive days for each of the kids.  Today, we watched the Harwich Cranberry Festival Parade go right by our house.  While we were watching the parade the sauce I had started in the morning was slowly simmering in the kitchen.  It turned out to be a delicious Pasta al Ragu.  The pasta came from Nantucket Wild Gourmet, which,  in addition to having great pasta and other things makes some of the best smoked salmon and irish brown bread around...and don't forget the pickles.  

Here are some pics of tonight's dinner.  The pasta, Strozzapreti, is known as the priest choker.



3 comments:

klineola said...

Damn, man, you've done it again. My mouth is drooling at those pictures.

;-)

Hey, life is full. You don't have to apologize for not making hundreds of pots. I think that we all feel a little guilty when we're not at the wheel, but the reality for us potter/husband/father/blogger is a lot different these days than for fathers in the past. Our responsibilities are wide ranging. Summer was chaotic for me and my family. We're all happy that school has started and given us structure. Look forward to seeing what you make.

Ron said...

Yum that does look tasty. I'll be checking in often.

Bruce Christopher said...

Rats... I missed the cranberry festival again. Any leftovers?