Saturday, September 27, 2008

Checking in..

After the kids got to bed I spent the evening in the studio throwing soup bowls while I watched the debate.  I'll keep the politics out of this post because it's late and I'm tired.  I'm sure McCain has been given his Ambien by now and is off to dream up his next "bold" leadership move....alright...maybe I'm not so tired that I can't take a shot at McCain.  I figured I would stick with soup bowls so that as I got angry at the TV I wouldn't lose my concentration on a complicated form.

No pics.  You're just going to have to trust me that I've been productive.  I even had to clean off a few shelves of junk/stuff/things so that I had space to put some freshly thrown work on. 

As is always the case when I'm getting  good deal of work thrown it's been pouring all day and my studio is as damp as can be.  I have some more stoneware to throw tomorrow and then it will be trimming/assembling/managing the drying of everything.  

Evangelina is off playing in the sun in Florida visiting her sister this weekend.  Luckily, I have Morgan, our sitter/Clarita's pre-school teacher, coming over to help out for a good portion of the day so I should be able to get some more studio work done.  I unfortunately decided against heading out to Truro to check out Randy Johnston's workshop.   The upside is that I'll have some dedicated studio time tomorrow to focus on work.



1 comment:

Bruce Christopher said...

hmmm... I had put two and two together and figured you had gotten leave... Cell phone going to voice mail, an alien car in the drive... seemed like truro was in the bag... welll, better luck next time... better luck to us on the rips!