It's been a while since I've been in the studio making pots. After the firing I laid low and spent most of the time either in the gallery, photographing work or working on the website....most of the time it was all 3 at once. Today the gallery was closed and even though last night the weather called for rain it never showed and it was a gorgeous day. I took a true day off. I even made it out to play some tennis with my friend Brandon. I only spent about an hour working on the site. It is truly almost done. All of the pages are built I'm just waiting to make the shopping cart secure so that the webstore can handle credit card orders.
I think it looks good...I'll still be cleaning it up and making small changes once it's live but I'm ready to get it out there. I'll put it up as soon as it is secure and let you all know about it here. I'd love to get some feedback and see if anyone comes across any problems. I won't do the big announcement via email newsletter until I hammer out the rest of the small details and make sure there are no glaring errors.
Tomorrow it's back to the studio. The photo setup is losing it's place of privilege on the main table so that I'll have somewhere to put some pots once they're made. Hopefully, by mid-day the classic "fresh pots on a table" will be photographed and put up on the blog. I feel like I'm cheating on my pots but I'm going to spend a couple of days with earthernware starting tomorrow. It should be interesting.
I have a very large planter left over from last year that hasn't made it into the kiln yet. It's already been bisqued it just never got glazed. The planter should take up a good amount of space in my next reduction firing so I'll able to make some pots for the kiln fairly quickly once I finish a little playing with low-fire.