I'm still cruising with the porcelain and a little over a week into it I'm beginning to enjoy the stuff.
Instead of making mugs in sets of 6-8 at a time like I normally do, I decided to make them in pairs as I get used to porcelain again and try out different forms and different handles. It's been a fun exercise and has also kept things light in the studio as I'm starting to wind down life as a maker on the Cape.
I do have to say that I'm looking forward to decorating all of this pure white ware. I'm planning on mixing up a clear glaze for an electric firing and decorating most of the work with some underglazes via Silvie Granatelli's site. The recipe I've been using is for bone dry ware:
frit 3134 100
The mugs in the last image have a couple of coats of the underglaze stain on them, I used a sage green mason stain on them. This is all new to me as I experiment with some more electric firings to prepare for our move. I'm trying to turn all of my raw clay into pots so I have work finished while I figure out my studio setup down in Austin.
The move, by the way, is starting to become extremely real and nerve-racking....we are moving on August 10th. I've been busy getting estimates and figuring out what's coming, what's staying and what's going. It's all very confusing.