Sunday, May 4, 2008

Finishing

Today it's time to catch up on some studio work.  I'm trying to stay on top of things in there this go around.  Instead of throwing just about everything and spending the rest of the month trimming, handling, and decorating I'm going to try not to overload myself.  And I'm getting dangerously close to getting behind.  I've got some plates to trim, some ovals to finish and some pitchers to get some handles on.  That, and I want to make some more mugs.  So, before I throw those mugs I better catch up on everything under plastic.

We had a nice little soft opening to the gallery so far this weekend.  A few new groups of people came through and got some gems from my last firing.  

Today started with a nice family breakfast of homemade waffles.  My parents, sister, brother-in-law and two little nephews are in town so it was a little loud but lots of fun here this morning.  Dave, my brother-in-law brought in some copies of a book that he and his sister wrote.  The book is "The Land of the Curiosities" and it's the first in a series from their new company, the ecoseekers.  They've already been on tv promoting the book a few times and were just named as a finalist for a Benjamin Franklin Award for best first children's/young adult book.  They're selling the book at some WholeFoods Market's, Yellowstone National Park, Teton National park, their website as well as here at Kreeger Pottery.  Check out their website for more info.  

Off to get some pots finished and off the table to live on the ware-racks.

No comments: