Saturday, May 10, 2008

Time to Catch Up...

Really. At least the mugs have handles...finally. It's now time to trim everything that I made while not putting handles on those mugs during the latter part of the week. Soup bowls, cups and serving bowls all are asking to be trimmed. The weather isn't agreeing too much lately...the studio is awfully damp because it hasn't stopped raining for a few days. So, I'll trim what I can and then make a few covered jars while I wait for the rest to dry up a bit more. I haven't made covered jars in a while. It seems as though pitchers and covered jars had left my vocabulary of pots for a little while. It's nice to have them back...I made one jar yesterday...Let's see where it leads. I've been working with Laguna's B-Mix clay most of the last couple of weeks and I think today is going to be the last day for a while. I'm going to switch back to some stoneware clay tomorrow and try to finish up throwing next week. After that, It's time to mix up some glazes and start cycling some of this work through the kilns and into the gallery. Hopefully, It can all get done before Memorial Day Weekend.

Somewhere between now and then I'll have to find some time to get out to Western Massachusetts and get some pots from everyone out there for gallery. There was a good wood firing last week out at Mark Shapiro's Stonepool Pottery and I'm going to hopefully get some work from Mark, his current apprentice Daniel Garrettson and his former apprentice and good friend Michael McCarthy. So, with my firing, some pots from Stonepool's woodfiring and a quick trip to Dogbar Pottery to get some work from Sam Taylor and we should be overloaded with pots here at Kreeger Pottery for the beginning of summer. I guess I'll have a lot to photograph shortly.

No comments: